Just purchased a hot tub and looking for some quick advice and tips? Check out our video.
- Firstly whenever filling a hot tub always try to do this through the filter housing. This helps prevent air locks through the circulation pump and heater.
- Next try to get into the habit of shocking your tub once a week with either a non chlorine shock or chlorine shock. After shocking you will usually see a a water line mark. In layman’s terms this is the shock removing dirt from the water so wipe around to remove.
- Regularly testing the water out of the tap should give you a feel for what it should be fresh into your hot tub. This way if there is a problem to start with you would know. Local water supplying sites can often tell you the quality for your area. For example Seven Trent.
- As a rule of thumb, change the water in the hot tub every 3-4 months. You will eventually get a feel for when the water is stagnant.
- In addition to shocking the tub as above, it is good practice to quickly hose down you filter every week as well. This will remove any larger pieces of debris.
- Finally make sure you get a professional hot tub service at least once a year. S.A.S hot tubs provide a full comprehensive service. A professional service is more than just a clean. Our service can help identify potential issues before they become expensive problems.
For more information:
In addition to Mansfield and Sutton in Ashfield, S.A.S Hot Tubs cover hot tub repairs in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire towns – Annesley, Ashfield, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottingham, Derby, Arnold, Shirebrook, Pleasley, Hucknall, Alfreton, Beeston, Eastwood, Southwell, Newark-On-Trent, Worksop, West Bridgford, Ollerton, Bingham, Bulwell, Bolsover, Buxton, Matlock, Chesterfield, Ashbourne, Ilkeston, Heanor, Swadlincote, Ripley and many more.
Lastly for Information on Servicing please see our servicing page.